Cheesy Olive Bread is a perfect appetizer for any occasion. Crispy French bread combined with olives, butter and spicy Monterey Jack cheese. It will be a winner for you!
Cheesy Olive Bread
Cheesy Olive Bread
I think some of the best foods in life are small bites. Things that we can enjoy without all of the fanfare of a fork and spoon. This Cheesy Olive Bread is a must have for any BBQ, family gathering or tailgate. It is the perfect combination of salty and smooth heaven.
Mixing the salty brine of stuffed green olives along with the sweet soft butter and mayonnaise is heaven on French Bread. It is a texture filled party for your tastebuds. One you will incorporate into any party you have.
~ Ingredients ~
1 cup stuffed green olives, drained and chopped
1/2 cup black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 loaf French Bread, cut in half, lengthwise
1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
1/2 cup Duke’s Mayo
16 oz shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions
~ Method ~
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream cheese, butter, mayo and sour cream until mixed well. Mix with onions and olives making sure to mix well.
Spoon over each half of sliced French bread, covering well. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melty and brown. Slice and enjoy!
Cheesy Olive Bread will make any occasion a party!
This appetizer will be such a big hit at your next BBQ, you will be asked to make it time and again. Not too heavy, not too light, it is the perfect precursor to any good party meal!
What I love about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and frozen on a sheet pan for a couple of hours before transferring to foil or a bag to have for later! Simply thaw it on the pan for a few minutes and cook as normal. Be sure and leave us a comment if you have made this. We would love to hear how you like it!
As always, we would love it if you shared this recipe with your family and friends. Over to the side on this posts and all of the others are handy dandy share buttons. We would sure be grateful if you shared the love!
- * 1 loaf French Bread, cut in half, lengthwise
- * 1 cup stuffed green olives, drained and chopped
- * 1/2 cup black olives, drained and chopped
- * 1/2 cup softened Butter
- * 1/2 cup Dukeâ€™s Mayo
- * 1 tablespoon sour cream
- * 16 oz shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- * 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream cheese, butter, mayo and sour cream until mixed well. Mix with onions and olives making sure to mix well.
- Spoon over each half of sliced French bread, covering well. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melty and brown. Slice and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 233Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 35mgSodium 376mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 8g
**Nutritional Values are estimates only