The Buttered Home participates in affiliate programs. If you make a purchase through one of my links, we may earn a small commission. Click HERE for more information.
These Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Onion, Broccoli and Asparagus side dish is sure to be a star! It may just out do your main dish as the families new fave!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Onions, Broccoli and Asparagus
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Onions, Broccoli and Asparagus, Oh My!
Possibly the best side dish ever at The Buttered Home. Roasted Sweet Potatoes cannot be beat. They are so good you could almost eat them for dessert! We pair them with other seasonal veggies we have on hand and roast them all to perfection. Today, we matched the sultry sweet potatoes with Broccoli and Asparagus. For a super duper twist to the sweet of the potatoes, we always, always add chopped red onion. No matter what else is going in with them. The match up is easy peasy.
~ Ingredients ~
2 medium to large sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
Half a head of broccoli, stemmed and cut into small pieces
half a bunch of asparagus, woody stems removed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup chopped red onion(the all time fave)
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil, 2-4 tablespoons, enough to coat the veggies
~ Method ~
- Prep all of the ingredients, toss them into a large bowl, add salt and pepper and olive oil and toss. Pour on to a large sheet pan and spread in a single layer.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
The next step is easy no matter what you toss in. If you make sure your veggies are all about the same size, here is where the beauty of this side takes over. You roast at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes. It all depends on your preference! We like our potatoes a tad crispy so we go a little longer. Enough to get a good char on them so they are crispy on the outside and warm and tender on the inside. There is no end to the possibilites here. This roasting method always, always makes a great side. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness and flavor of almost any vegetable. It is almost guaranteed to make those folks who don’t eat their veggies, think twice!
So give these or any combination of veggies a try by roasting them today! Be sure and leave us a comment when you do and we Loooooovvvvveee pictures of your food!
- 2, peeled and cubed Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup, diced Red Onion
- 1/2 head, cut into small pieces Broccoli
- 1/2 a bunch, woody stems removed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces Asparagus
- 2-4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degree fahrenheit. Prep all of the ingredients, toss them into a large bowl, add salt and pepper and olive oil and toss.
- Pour on to a large sheet pan and spread in a single layer . Roast at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Until desired degree of char and crispiness is reached.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 81Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 45mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g
**Nutritional Values are estimates only