These Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Onion, Broccoli and Asparagus side dish is sure to be a star! It may just out do your main dish as the families new fave!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Onions, Broccoli and Asparagus, Oh My!
Possibly the best side dish ever at The Buttered Home. Roasted Sweet Potatoes cannot be beat. They are so good you could almost eat them for dessert! We pair them with other seasonal veggies we have on hand and roast them all to perfection. Today, we matched the sultry sweet potatoes with Broccoli and Asparagus. For a super duper twist to the sweet of the potatoes, we always, always add chopped red onion. No matter what else is going in with them. The match up is easy peasy.
This is also a great way to preserve if you have bought too much produce. A lot like BLANCHING VEGETABLES TO FREEZE, this is a great way to cook them and freeze to have for later. Just like our CRISPY ROASTED OLD BAY POTATOES, these are easy to make and oh so delicious!
How to Make Them
- 2 medium to large sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Half a head of broccoli, stemmed and cut into small pieces
- half a bunch of asparagus, woody stems removed and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped red onion(the all time fave)
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil, 2-4 tablespoons, enough to coat the veggies
~ Method ~
- Prep all of the ingredients, toss them into a large bowl, add salt and pepper and olive oil and toss. Pour on to a large sheet pan and spread in a single layer.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until desired color is reached.
- Allow to cool a bit, serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
The secret is in the prep. Making sure all of your veggies are cut about the same size insures even cooking.
Easy, Roasted veggies is a good way to freezer prep your food. Allow them to cool to room temp and seal in a freezer tight container for use for later. Thaw on the counter and reheat and use as desired.
Nothing is needed! Roasting your vegetables is one of the tastiest and leanest ways to have them. Watching your salt and not adding cheese makes this a perfect side dish if you are minding your waist line.
So give these or any combination of veggies a try by roasting them today! Be sure and leave us a comment when you do and we Loooooovvvvveee pictures of your food!
If you make this recipe, be sure and post it to Facebook or Instagram and tag us. We love pictures of food. Also, if you pin this recipe, we would appreciate that when you make it, you use the Made It function in Pinterest too.
And as always, we would love it if you shared this recipe with your family and friends. Over to the side on this post and all of the others are handy dandy share buttons. We would sure be grateful if you shared the love!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Onion, Broccoli and Asparagus
- 2, peeled and cubed Sweet Potatoes
- ½ cup diced Red Onion
- ½ head cut into small pieces Broccoli
- ½ a bunch woody stems removed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces Asparagus
- 2-4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degree fahrenheit. Prep all of the ingredients, toss them into a large bowl, add salt and pepper and olive oil and toss.
- Pour on to a large sheet pan and spread in a single layer . Roast at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Until desired degree of char and crispiness is reached.