An easy, creamy chicken recipe perfect for busy nights! This one pot Tuscan chicken recipe is whipped up in under 40 minutes with a simple seasoning that tastes like it came right out of Italy.
A comforting dish made creamy with two kinds of cheese it makes a tasty family dinner any night of the week.
You'll fall in love with this one pot Tuscan chicken the first time you make it. Just like our INSTANT POT PULLED PORK TENDERLOIN, its made with simple ingredients it has a creamy savory flavor loaded with tender bites of chicken and sun-dried tomatoes, making it the perfect recipe to cozy up with.
This easy recipe comes together with your favorite cheeses, chicken thighs, and pantry seasonings. You can easily spice it up with some red pepper flakes or enjoy the classic Italian flavor.
If creamy delicious dishes are your comfort food, this recipe was made for you.
Ingredients For The One Pot Tuscan Chicken
Boneless skinless chicken thighs
Fresh garlic, minced
Low sodium chicken broth
Parmesan cheese, grated
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Fresh tomatoes, diced
Salt and black pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. While it's heating, season the chicken thighs with paprika, salt, pepper, and basil.
Brown the chicken thighs on each side (about 6 minutes) and set them aside.
In the same skillet, add in the chicken broth while scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze it. Then, saute the onions and tomatoes until soft and add in the garlic.
Whisk in the cream and mustard before allowing the mixture to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Stir in the parmesan cheese and mozzarella, mixing until it's melted. Then, add in the sundried tomatoes and spinach before simmering until the leaves are wilted.
Season with salt and pepper as per preference and add the chicken thighs back to the pan, letting them heat fully.
Remove from heat and serve over your favorite al dente pasta, cauliflower or potatoes.
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftover Tuscan chicken after it's cooled in an airtight container in the fridge. Like this, it will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
To reheat it, place it back on the stove in a small pot. You may wish to add an extra dash of cream or milk as it will thicken in the fridge. Heat on low until cooked through.
If you serve with pasta, try to store the pasta noodles and the Tuscan chicken sauce separately so that the noodles don't become mushy from sitting.
You can freeze the chicken and sauce in a freezer-safe container for up to two months. To enjoy it, let it sit in the fridge overnight before reheating it on the stove.
Can I use chicken breasts for the recipe?
Chicken breasts can be used in place of boneless chicken thighs. However, you may want to chop the breasts into pieces before browning them. This way they'll cook quickly and evenly making this Tuscan chicken pasta still perfect for busy weeknights.
What pasta is best served with Tuscan chicken?
Any of your favorite noodles will work with this one pot Tuscan chicken pasta recipe! However, the most common noodles used are penne noodles as they cook up quickly and are delicious with any sauce. Know that you could even use a gluten-free noodle for the recipe as well.
Can I use skim milk in place of heavy cream?
Heavy cream is what gives this one-pot pasta recipe its rich flavor and ultra-creamy texture. Though you can replace it with skim milk, it won't have the same results. If that's all you have on hand, I would try adding a hint of cream cheese with it so that it still comes out as a creamy sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS. What goes great with this recipe? Let me tell you!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card below. We also love comments so be sure to go below the recipe card and leave us a review! Thanks for your support!
One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs boneless
- ½ cup onion sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced, fresh
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. While it's heating, season the chicken thighs with paprika, salt, pepper, and basil.2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 pound chicken thighs, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Brown the chicken thighs on each side (about 6 minutes) and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, add in the chicken broth while scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze it. Then, saute the onions and tomatoes until soft and add in the garlic.½ cup onion, ½ cup cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoon garlic, ⅓ cup chicken broth
- Whisk in the cream and mustard before allowing the mixture to simmer for 1-2 minutes.1 cup heavy cream, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and mozzarella, mixing until it's melted. Then, add in the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach before simmering until the leaves are wilted.½ cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese, ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, 4 cups baby spinach
- Season with salt and pepper as per preference and add the chicken thighs back to the pan, letting them heat fully.