Lemon Coconut Cookies are a delicious taste of spring. Perfect for pairing with tea, they are a light and delicious treat made with a traditional cookie recipe.
– Butter, 1 cup, slightly melted – 1 & ½ cups sugar – Zest of 1 Lemon – 1 egg – 3 cups plain flour – 1 teaspoon of vanilla
– Lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon – 1 teaspoon baking soda – Baking powder, 1 teaspoon – ½ teaspoon salt – Shredded coconut flakes, 1 cup – ½ cup coconut sugar for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slightly melt the butter and add sugar, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well.
2. Sprinkle baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour and coconut on top of wet ingredients. Mix well, just until combined.
3.Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out the cookie dough. Form into a ball and just press tops into a little coconut or regular sugar. (This is optional)
4. Place on ungreased baking sheet or baking mat. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes.
This fresh and sweet taste of Summer will always be a good idea, any time of the year!